The Ruhr Graduate School in Economics (RGS Econ) is a center for research and higher education in Economics. It was founded by three universities in the Ruhr Area (Bochum, Dortmund and Duisburg-Essen) and by RWI, one of Germany‘s leading economic research institutes. Over a period of three years, graduate students receive guidance that leads to a Ph.D. in economics, complying with the highest international standards.
Application and Admission 2013
Applications for the 2013 program will be accepted from March 15 2013 until April 15 2013 via the Interactive Online Application System (IOAS).
We offer 5 scholarships for outstanding students. 3 scholarships, sponsored by the Stiftung Mercator (www.stiftung-mercator.de), foster research in MIGRATION and INTEGRATION and 2 scholarships, sponsored by CINCH (www.cinch-essen.de), support research in EMPIRICAL HEALTH ECONOMICS. Please indicate if you are interested in one of the two fields. 3 additional doctoral positions in our graduate school are available.More information
Ruhr Economic PapersMore Information
- Fast-track your Economics Ph.D. with a 3 year structured program
- Study with 3 Ruhr universities and one of Germany's leading economic research institutes
- Small groups allow individual coaching
- Study entirely in English
- No tuition fees
- Office space (desk and computer equipment) for each student